March 9, 2009

Things

So the last weekend in February me & Justus, Nic & Joyce, Mark & Katie went up to the family cabin to do snowmobiling. Now it wasn't the ideal trip...and unless you are really interested I'll spare you all the details. But, on Saturday night after we took the snowmobiles back to a little place near Oakley, we stopped at the Road Island Diner. Now as you can see this goes way back. On the backside of the menu's it gives you this history of the trolley car that is now the diner and how it was transported cross-country all the way to Utah a few years back. Its an interesting little place. Kind of overpriced, and the food I had wasn't too great (I had turkey dinner and the turkey was warmed, thin sliced deli turkey with gravy, not my kind of turkey dinner). My parents have been there and had breakfast/brunch. They said it was fantastic! So maybe we picked the wrong meal? But you should go check it out nonetheless. My banana split was devine though!





No comments: