March 3, 2009

#2 In Living Color

Oh...In Living Color... This is the show where a few actors and actresses got their start. Created by the Wayan's Brothers and they all had roles on the show, we also saw great faces like Jim Carrey and Jamie Foxx. And did you all know that Jennifer Lopez was discovered here? She was a Fly Girl! For those of you that don't know what the Fly Girls are...they were like the dance team for the show.

This show was also home to another great character, Fire Marshall Bill (below), played by no one else but Jim Carrey! We all know we loved him, and we loved hearing him say "LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHIN!!" Or, what about Homey the Clown? Played by Damon Wayans, this ex-con now working as a clown character was another In Living Color classic.


Even though the show pushed buttons on things such as the game show segments involving "Yo Momma" jokes and other interesting topics relative to that... we all loved the show! It made us laugh at stupid things and enjoy life. I know I might have only been under ten when watching the show...but its something that brought my family together! Haha...as lame as that sounds, one of my families favorite things is watching TV shows and movies together and then having decade (or longer) conversations about them. So thank you In Living Color, thank you for the talent that was discovered on your show and the entertainment you brought us!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

haha I have heard of Living in Color but haven't seen it--now I feel like I need to...good post!