So, is it possible for someone to leave their house and 30 seconds later get into a wreck? I'm sure it is.
Yes, this almost happened to me this morning. Now I know that Day Break roads are kind of strange if you aren't used to them. But, if you are observant while driving you should do fine if you have ever driven a car before.
Let me set up the scene for you if you haven't been out to Day Break. Most areas of the neighborhoods have one way alleys behind the houses and then just regular streets everywhere else. So, pretty normal, nothing too strange I'd think.
So I pull out of my garage and head down my alley and out onto the streets. Now, if you haven't been to my house (which most people haven't) I only live two streets away from 10400 S. so not too many intersections I have to go through to get out of my neighborhood. So really, getting in an accident in my "hood" doesn't seem likely. Well, I make my left hand turn off of Milford onto Topview, and its smooth sailing to 10400 S, no stop signs for me now until I get to 10400 S. So, I'm driving about 15 mph and I'm coming up to the next street High Mountain Drive I think, and I see three cars. One turning left like I had just done, one coming straight opposite of me, and another turning right opposite the left hand turner. (I hope that makes sense!) Anyway...So the left hand turner sees me coming but I don't think they saw the other car coming my way, so they turned out in front of them and the car going straight stops so they don't hit them (almost car wreck number one). I slow down even more just to make sure the intersection is cleared. But, for some reason, the stupid STUPID construction workers turning right must have thought it was a four way stop or something because they turned right in front of me!! I slam on my breaks (not too hard since I was going like 5 mph at this point) and I just blare on my horn, which isn't very loud but still... They look at me like "oops" and then signal me to go around them. HELLO!!! You are blocking my driving space anyway since I'm like a foot away from the side of your stupid van and you want me to go around you? Been driving long???? So finally they just finish their turn and drive up to the stop sign at 10400 S and I'm assuming they wanted to say something to me because their window was rolled down. I just stayed back because sometimes I feel like saying things I shouldn't when stupid people do stupid things while driving. I'm sure you all know how that goes...
They just sit there. They had plenty of time to go straight, turn right or left like 10 times!! So I'm getting more fed up with these idiots so I just pull up next to them, don't look at them though, make sure I'm clear to turn right and just head to work. I'm all in a rage at this point...trying to calm myself down though because stress and babies don't mix well.
But seriously!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
Oh, and I wanted to give a shout out to the guy in the white Colorado truck. Just because you are in a hurry doesn't mean the rest of us good people have to speed up in construction zones just so you can be on time to where ever you need to be. If you are late, that's your fault. Don't ride the tail of every car in front of you!! Just accept the fact you are late and get over it. And riding people's tails doesn't make it faster. Yes, you were in front of me by a long ways on 7800 South but you still got caught at every single light that me and all the cars around you did. So, really did you burning rubber and tailing other cars really accomplish anything?! NOPE!!!
2 comments:
Amen! People on the road can be idiots sometimes!
Oh Katie....you and your rants!! This is why I will miss sitting by you :) Seriously though, I'm glad you're okay, and survived all of it in once piece!
Post a Comment