June 15, 2009

Crutches please!!

So, I'm sure you're all dying to see pictures of our house, well we don't have any yet because we are still trying to unpack! I never realized how much stuff we have!! So pictures will be coming soon, hopefully later this week. Oh, and if you haven't sent me your address do so soon so I can send out invitations to our house warming party!!
Now...onto the crutches. So, Saturday was a pretty typical Saturday for me. Working at Naartjie in the morning, then a couple coed indoor soccer games. Well, we won our first game and then we had our second game. And thats where disaster struck. There was less than 5 minutes left in the game and we were winning. I was sprinting back to defend since no one else was. I got to the girl with the ball, she was trying to fake me out. I went to pivot in the direction she was going and my left foot just stayed there. My left knee popped out of place and then back in. Was a great feeling! NOT! I stood there for a second and then dropped to the ground and started shreeking in pain. I was starting to hyperventilate a little. Good thing Justus and my brother are on the team and were there to calm me down before I went into shock. I couldn't move my leg really. They carried me off the field and I put it up to start icing it. I had stopped crying at this point by the way. Well, we ended up tying the game since the people who will actually defend were either injured or on the bench because they subbed out earlier. Well, my knee is about double its normal size right now. The swelling hasn't gotten much better and I've been hobbling around most of the weekend. I've been using crutches whenever possible because when I drag my leg or try to limp I get tired and sore really fast. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday, they said since my knee is still really swollen they wouldn't be able to do anything. So I'll let you all know what the damage is.

1 comment:

stacie said...

Katie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your knee! Getting injured is never a fun thing, especially when you guys just moved and are trying to unpack. But on the bright side, I'm excited for you guys that you finally moved into your new house and sold your condo!
Good luck with your knee, I hope it's ok. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of your new place soon :)