Well, on Friday we had a scare. I was on my lunch watching Justus' teams play in the Sparta tournament when I wasn't feeling well and my stomach started hurting. I figured I was hungry so I got some food and a drink and waited for the pain to go away. Well, it didn't. It got worse and worse during the game. So, after it was over I told Justus we needed to go to the ER because I was in a lot of pain (and of coarse I started crying because of the pain and I was scared). So we went to Alta View's ER. After waiting for 30 minutes to get checked in, we finally got back to a room. I was in the most pain at this point, and it would get worse at times and then die down a little; my fear, I was having a miscarriage and my pain was contractions. I'm still crying over the pain and me being scared. Finally after waiting over an hour, probably 90 minutes, a nurse finally comes in (pain time- 2 hours+). She doesn't do much, just has me do a urine sample and sends me back to my room. After sitting in there for a few minutes, they move me to another "room." After waiting for probably another 30 minutes we finally see the doctor. By this time my pain is starting to slowly die down. He does some basic exams of my heart beat, stomach pressure and all that jazz. Then he says we'll do an ultra sound to make sure baby is okay. So, after several more minutes he does that and the baby is fine. Whew! Huge relief! I'm still in some pain, but I'm not bawling anymore and its really dying down. Of coarse...right when the doctor walks in I'm starting to feel fine right? So they determine that I should do more tests (blood work, another ultra sound and a pelvic exam) just to make sure all is well. After all that, and several more hours of being there and lots of waiting. I'm finally discharged and given antibiotics to fight what they think might be a "slight infection." Key word "MIGHT." After lots of freaking out, stressing and crying everything is fine. We were able to see the baby on another ultra sound and see the heartbeat again. Everything is fine, but what a scare we had.
2 comments:
That is so scary. I'm glad everything is just fine.
Thats the worst I have a gaul stone and it was horrid with my last pg...I remember how scary that ER visit was. I feel for you. See ya Sat!
Post a Comment