So Justus and I go to the auto show at the South Towne Expo every year becuase that was around the time that we went on our first date. So we got to see some nice cars there, and keep wishing we had enough money to buy our dream cars.
While we were walking around we heard this little boy saying "Dad? Dad? Dad?" and he was just walking around in the same area. So I watched him pretty closely to see if he found his dad. He didn't. And he just kept walking around kind of in the same area looking for his dad. I watched him and was following him just to make sure he found his dad. He still hadn't. So after a minute he stated crying and looking more frantic and peopel were just watching him. I finally went up to him and offered my help. He was about 4 or 5 years old, so was really scared and wouldn't talk. I told him I'd help him. So I was trying to ask him if he knew his name, his dads name, or what color of car they were last by when he got away from his dad. He didn't say a word but just stayed by me. I ended up taking him to security so they could handle the matter from there. They said they'd take him over where the PA system is and announce it over that so all could hear. I was worried that his dad might have left, because we didn't see any dads running around frantic looking for their missing son. When I was leaving the security room the boy looked so scared and kind of was looking at me like he wanted me to stay. He old lady that was working security looked very nice, so he was fine.
So we went back into the auto show looking at the cars. I, of coarse, was just worried about this little boy and if his dad had claimed him yet. It took almost 10 or 15 minutes before they announced it over the PA system. I'm sure they were trying to get the little boy to say his name or his dads name or anything. But when we went out to look at the exotic cars in the front of the show area, we saw the dad and little boy walking away together. The little boy was holding on to his dads arm so tight. I was very relieved that they were reunited...and it just goes to show that we all need to keep an eye on our little ones.



No comments:
Post a Comment